Saturday, January 3, 2015

Favorite photos from 2014

My friend, Roberta, at Growing with Science, has posted her favorite insect photos from 2014!  Many bloggers, Arizona: beetles, bugs, birds and more, enjoy posting year end reviews, and I am no exception since starting my blog in 2012.  Here are links to previous year's favorite photos- 2012 & 2013

This year was a bit different since, I hardly took any photographs of insects!  In the past, my camera is pointed at lots of the six-legged creatures, but this year in Connecticut the focus was on plants, fungi, amphibians and summer campers.  I guess that is what happens when you are in a cooler climate instead of hot Austin.

Here are my favorite photos from 2014!  Happy New Year, Everybody!  I hope this is a great one for you all!  It's so hard to choose only a few pictures, but here are 14 for you to enjoy.


Amphibians- very orange wood frog, and a red-back salamander guarding eggs.



Mushrooms!
Tiny brown mushrooms photographed in a way that they look big.
A sunset colored amanita mushroom
with the tiny brown mushrooms to the left 


 The tastiest mushroom found in our yard, chicken-of-the-woods
A very New England view with birch tree, mushrooms, and woodpecker holes.

Snow-scapes- I had many more snow pictures from last winter, but I chose these two because I love how the sunset colored the snow and cast long shadows across the white and blue ground.



Plants!

Red Oak

Spring Ferns

Trout Lily

A few more favorites!
Jacob at the coast

Summer campers with Secret Oak, I love this picture.
The kids lined up on the tree as you see them.
This group was the first and most challenging of the entire summer!
I love the colors and action in this picture.
Cici's jumped into several of my pictures this year.
She is much more photogenic than my other two dogs.









No comments:

Post a Comment