Thursday, September 20, 2012

Space Shuttle!

Photo by Alberto Martinez/American-Statesman. pic.twitter.com/UAbi7fhu
I saw the Space Shuttle fly over Austin this morning as it travels to California!
I let out Yippee as it flew by attached to the giant jet.  It was wonderful to see, but at little sad since it won't fly again.  The space shuttle is such a great symbol of what science can do; an inspiration to kids and adults.

The other time I saw the space shuttle was in Willcox, AZ.  I was about 7, and it was way up in the sky.  I was at school in the play ground.  I remember some papers fluttered in out of the sky just after the shuttle went by and we thought it had released a message for us kids and we were very excited!
 
More photos are at the Austin Newspaper website below.
 
http://www.statesman.com/news/space-shuttle-endeavour-glides-over-austin-on-storify-2463014.html

No comments:

Post a Comment