Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Art Show!

Starting this Thursday and going until the end of August, I will be part of an art show!  Genie, a friend and coworker, has invited Nature Center staff to submit artwork to hang in the gallery space of her church, First Unitarian Universalist Church of Austin.  This only the second time that I have shown work in a gallery, and I'm very excited to have the opportunity.  Over the last year, I have worked on a series of paintings I'm calling Bird Portraits.  I will post photos of all the paintings on the blog next week after the show officially opens, but I would be honored if those who live in Austin stop by and see the paintings in person.  For now, here is a sample of the series, The Great Blue Fisher-Heron it will not be in the show, and some photos of summer blooms.  

Great Blue Fisher-heron

Palo Verde 

Datura, with Turk's cap in the background

Texas native purple morning glory


No comments:

Post a Comment