Thursday, July 12, 2012

Snap, Snap, Click


Sunday I finally did it, I went to a book store and purchased a photography book.  I've had my Olympus E-520 camera for about 3 years, but I've never really taken the time to get to know all the extra buttons that it posses.  I've had a mental block, afraid to try new things with my camera, afraid that I would only break it.  My fear stems from the fact that I am not a technical person, and my camera is technical; a mini computer with menus, settings, and programs.  I've often said that I need take a class, but I don't know that I will ever make the time commitment to a class.  The pictures that I have taken are good, but I want to go beyond the basics; to understand how my camera works, be able to know what to do with the camera in different lighting situations, and be able to adjust the camera properly before the lizard, beetle, or kid runs away.  I have started my learning process by using the college photography book, my camera's user manuel, playing with the camera settings, and posting some of my practice photos for you to see.  


This blog and all of you have been a source of encouragement and purpose for me to take more and better photos.  I appreciate knowing others enjoy the pictures of my garden and creatures I come across.  Thank you for allowing me to experiment on you, and giving me your thoughts.  In today's photos, I was practicing with shutter speed and f-stop/aperture, these photos aren't the best, but I think they are fun.  Don't worry after today, I won't include camera jargon with the pictures (unless you ask for it:)).   


Ghost Dog Silly (shutter speed 1.0s)

Slooowww motion wave (shutter speed 2s)

Frog, snail, buda  (f-stop=22)

Frog, snail, buda  (f-stop=4.3)



The dogs!  (f/stop 22)


Two-striped Mermiria Grasshopper (Auto Setting :))

No comments:

Post a Comment