Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Beginning

I have started Inspiredbynaturelife blog to express my thoughts on nature, work with kids in nature, art, science, and other things that interest me.  I hope this blog becomes a place of conversations with you.  I am a non-tech person and am more at home digging in the dirt than playing with the latest gadgets, but I feel the need to not be left behind completely. Of course, blogs aren't exactly a new thing, but I think it will be fun.  
The name of this blog is Inspiredbynaturelife.  It's a bit corny, I guess, but I am inspired by nature and most of the subjects in my art are based on what I see in nature.  I find that time in nature calms me, helps me think clearly, makes me happy, and helps me be creative.  I always find something amazing on walks.  Last Sunday, I was struck by how beautiful grass can be.  The green carpet of lush grass and winter veg was so bright that it almost hurt the eyes.   Jacob and I walk at Hornsby Bend almost every Sunday morning, but this Sunday was when grass made me want to turn into a deer or cow and grab a bite.  Have you ever heard the sound of ducks dabbling?  It is a cross between rice crispies, rain drops hitting a sidewalk, and someone walking in soggy shoes.   I love to hear the sound of ducks snacking.  I can't help but smile when I hear it, and it has given me an idea for a duck painting.  Of course, I can not paint the sound of ducks, but I will think of the sound while painting.  Does nature inspire you?  Does it turn you into a cow, or give you involuntary smiles?  How do you express your inspiration? Please share things that inspire you.